As a Church of England School, we will aim to develop and preserve the school’s religious character by working in partnership with St Augustine’s church, other schools, appropriate organisations and individuals within the parish and diocese.
The school will aim to serve the community, which it is a central and vital part of, by providing education of the highest quality within the context of Christian belief and practice and promoting Christian values through the experience offered to our pupils.
Within the context of this ethos the school will aim to :
- Provide a broad, balanced and well planned curriculum in a manner which children find exciting and enjoyable and which fosters achievement, high self-esteem and independent learning.
- Provide a safe, secure and happy environment for learning and teaching in which all members of the school community are valued, listened to and involved regardless of race, faith, gender or disability.
- Recognise value and celebrate the diversity of cultures within the school and the wider community.
- Become a focus for the local community that we serve, working in partnership with parents, governors, pupils and other relevant faith organisations such as local Gudwaras, Mosques and St Augustines Church as well as individuals.
- Promote the spiritual, moral, social and cultural awareness of our children with a framework of Christian values and practice.